Tell the world about CarWow and explain a relatively complicated process, really simply. Position it as the new way to buy cars and future proof their position as market leader.
CarWow revolutionises the experience of car buying so car dealers compete for customers’ business. They have forever changed the car market to allow the consumer to buy cars the other way around. The CarWow commercial had to reflect the company’s innovation by ‘wow-ing’ the consumer.
We framed “buying cars the other way around” as actually being the way forward, and drove consumer awareness by creating a beautiful 30-second animated piece based on classic zoetrope animation. We created a series of twodimensional paper disks which were laser-cut with sequential illustrated frames. These were affixed to the wheel of a car which drove the animation itself. Once the car reached the optimum speed for the wagon-wheel effect to take place, it synced with the camera’s shutter speed and the paper disks came to life as a fluid animation. With only four scenes being used to tell the story of CarWow, the animation had to be simple but it was this simplicity that made for a beautifully crafted commercial.
• Increase in prompted brand awareness from 6.5% before the campaign to 13.6% post campaign (based on 1,000 Google survey users).
• 16,112 new visitors during and up to 10 minutes after the commercial aired in its first burst in August 2015 resulting in 135 direct sales.
• Internal estimation of 21,500 extra users (registered with email address) from TV leading to an estimated 240 completed sales.
• Dealers and manufacturers approaching CarWow due to the commercial.
TV analysis conducted by HPI London at the clients request:
• The commercial scored 67% in like-ability; the benchmark is 48%.
• 66% for stand out and salience against other car advertising.
• 66% much more likely to visit carwow.co.uk over any other site.