ICAD’s Creative Shorts is an annual event which brings creatives together to celebrate work made by ICAD folks when they’re off the clock.
Creative Shorts was initially launched as part of the ICAD Meitheal series in 2012 by then ICAD Board members Fiona Kinsella and Judy O Broin, Creative Shorts is now in it’s 8th edition. This is a popular event which allows us to exhibit a selection of our members work, appreciate the variety in our skill sets and styles, and engage with the broader creative industry.
For the first year we are launching the Creative Shorts with an open call for submissions and we look forward to seeing what the industry has been up to. Criteria for entry are as follows.
– The key creatives work in the advertising or design industries.
– Work submitted has been produced outside of a work context.
– Work has been created within the last 2 years.
– Videos should be no longer than 15 minutes in duration.
– Work can include live action, animation and short documentaries, music videos and more. If you are unsure whether your work qualifies please feel free to get in touch at [email protected]
Creative shorts is not a competition, but rather a curated evening of short film, and a way to celebrate the work of writers, directors, animators, designers and other creatives working in our industry. Although we ensure that work included is engaging and of a high quality, the aim is to include a mix of projects which reflects the broad spectrum of interesting work being made. Creative shorts is not a competition, but rather a curated evening of short film, and a way to celebrate the work of writers, directors, animators, designers and other creatives working in our industry.